How To Post a Photo
Before to be able to add photos to Asia-Dragonfly's photo gallery:
- You must be a Community Member. By registering,
you will obtain a login/password.
- The photos must be of the JPG format. You may obtain them directly
from your digital camera or by scanning your original photo.
- Keep high resolution but if the size is bigger than 800 x 600 pixels,
you may want to resize it down.
- Try to provide a meaningful name to the JPG file.
- Do not post photos from books, magazines or any other copyrighted
To add a new photo, follow these steps:
- Login to the site by following the link from the main menu to the
- Jump to the page to
a new photo.
- Click on the <BROWSE> button to pick the JPG file from your
hard disk. Once a JPG file selected, a thumbnail will be displayed.
- Indicate the date of the photo by selecting its day, month and year.
- Select the country and type the place where you took the photo.
- Do not bother too much with the FAMILY as it is automatically affected
accordingly to the GENUS.
- Select the GENUS from the list displayed when you click on the question
mark icon. Note that you cannot input any text in the field, you must
use the question mark icon.
- Perform the previous step again for the SPECIES.
- Write any comments related to the photo or the species presented.
- Click on the <SEND PICTURE> to send the photo and your information
to the server.
Your photo will be checked by a moderator before to be visible.
If you do not know the GENUS or SPECIES, leave these fields to their
default values. The moderators will try to identify the subject of your